So much news to share in so little time. That is where the Player2 News Bites comes in. All the hot topics in small easy to chew pieces.
News Bites – Wednesday the 22nd of July
– Despite rumours that Nintendo has pulled support, Devils Third (the latest game from Ninja Gaiden creator Tomonobu Itagaki) appears to be on track for release soon. In Europe the game is due at the end of August and for the USA in the last few months of the year. There is also talk of a PC free to play version of the game coming around the same time.
– Journey, the amazingly well loved indie title from ThatGameCompany is now live on PS4. Players who have purchased the game on PS3 will be able to upgrade to the new version at no extra cost thanks to Cross Buy. The game has had the usual upgrades such as 1080p in its transition to the PS4. Stay tuned for our thoughts on the update soon
– In what may be the oldest game to ever get an official patch, Knights of the Old Republic 2 received a hefty bunch of additions today. These include widescreen and gamepad support, Steam Works integration and Achievements. Obsidian have also ensured that the famous Lost Content mod (a mod that restores a plethora of cut content) is also available. Hopefully this is a sign of stirrings in the KotoR universe.
– Deck 13, developer of the fairly well received Lords of the Fallen, has announced its next project. Titled The Surge, the game will be a Sci/Fi action role playing game that will be significantly different to Lords of the Fallen. More details are set to be released at Gamescom in August so keep your ears open for more news then.
– Finally a brief reminder that some epic sales are happening over at Greenmangaming right now but only for another day or so. Remember that if you buy games from Greenmangaming after clicking on the links from Player2 you will help us cover costs and keep everything running.
Push Start on a unique look at Australia’s gaming landscape