So much news to share in so little time. That is where the Player2 News Bites Gamescom special comes in. All the hot topics in small easy to chew pieces.
– Blizzard announced that Heroes of the Storm is getting three new characters and a new map. Kharazim a healing warrior based on the Monk class from Diablo, Rexxar an animal training tank character from the Warcraft universe and finally Artainis a close range Protoss warrior from Starcraft will all be entering into the battle this year. A new Diablo themed map called Infernal Shrines will also be making its way to the game before long. Check out some more info in the trailer below.
– Mafia 3 was announced over night with a brutal yet immensely appealing teaser trailer. The game will be set among the racial tensions of 1960’s New Orleans. The game will see the player taking on the Italian Mafia as it tries to move into the famous port city. Another new feature is the open ended story that will allow players to experience a different tale depending on the choices they make as opposed to the liner stories found in Mafia 1 & 2. If the game can live up to the hyperbole then we are in for a cracking ride.
– Some bad news out of Gamescom, Kenji Infuane’s Mega Man inspired Mighty No. 9 has been delayed til quarter 1 2016. Unfortunately bugs and glitches have reared their ugly heads and the team needs longer to get the game in tip top shape. As always I feel much better about a delay than a botched release so I can live with waiting a little longer.
– For the first time in the franchise’s history Skylanders will have online multiplayer. Skylanders: Superchargers will have online competitive multiplayer to go with its new focus on Mario Kart style events. It will be interesting to see how this pans out as this could very well be the first introduction to online gaming to many of the younger gamers out there.
– Slightly Mad Studios, the developers behind the rev head dream Project CARS, has announced they are working on a game based around the Red Bull Air Race events. These events involve dare devil pilots flying through a predetermined course as super speeds all the while trying not to nose plant into the ground. In other words it should make a great game. Check out the trailer below and get ready to feel the (virtual) g forces.
Push Start on a unique look at Australia’s gaming landscape