2K is Bringing The Golf Club 2019 to the World
In what has to be seen as a remarkable rise, HB Studios has announced that 2K Sports will be publishing their next golf title, The Golf Club 2019. This announcement, along with the news that they secured the rights to use the PGA Tour licence, shows that HB Studios have got a well-regarded property on their hands.
The Golf Club 2 was already a solid virtual recreation of the sport, but the 2019 edition is shaping up to be the best entry yet. Just check out some of the new features:
- Improved ball physics, swing mechanics, swing feedback and other core gameplay mechanics;
- Unparalleled visual fidelity powered by award-winning and industry-leading SpeedTree® technology often used in top blockbuster games and films;
- Overhauled user interface delivering a fresh look and feel.
- Players will embark on an authentic journey through Q-School and the Web.com Tour, earning the right to play in a 32-tournament PGA TOUR season;
- Season play includes beautifully precise replicas of PGA TOUR courses that are accurate down to one-meter of resolution of the real-life courses;
- Players will forge rivalries and land sponsorships en route to competing in the FedExCup Playoffs, with the ultimate goal of becoming a FedExCup Champion.
- Players will compete on featured courses through matchmaking or chose from any available course for private matches;
- Go head to head or play as a team with friends in any one of six game formats, including the new additions of Skins and Alt-Shot.
Hopefully, with 2K leading the charge, The Golf Club 2019 reaches an audience that has been under-catered for since EA let the Tiger Woods franchise die. The Golf Club 2019 is out now digitally on PS4, Xbox One and PC, with a physical release date to be announced soon.
Dad, Gamer, Writer, Husband all rolled into one big ball of random matter.
Editor of Player 2, Matt spends his time yelling at strangers as they walk past, imploring them to visit Player 2. Sadly this tactic hasn’t yielded any significant results but he keeps on trying regardless.
Writes on Ngunnawal land.