Gigabyte are Making a Big Splash for Gamers and Creators
Whether you’re a pro gamer, a content creator or just someone looking for a high-performance laptop, GIGABYTE’s latest range of laptops promises to satisfy. The award-winning company has today announced the newest models in both the AORUS and AERO series, and all the offerings feature some serious upgrades from last year’s models. As well as offering improved graphics capabilities and displays across both the AORUS and AERO laptops, GIGABYTE are leading the industry by becoming the first to release notebooks that boast 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i9/i7 H series 8-core CPUs, and NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 20 series SUPER GPUs. That’s a lot of power.
Though both boast processor and graphics upgrades, and both models make use of the WINDFORCE Infinity Cooling system to keep them from burning up, the different target groups for the AORUS and AERO series (pro gamers and content creators, respectively) mean that the new specs look a little different between the two.
(AORUS 17X, AORUS 17G and AORUS 15G)
Primed for pro gamers and endorsed by championship player KennyS from G2 Esports, the AORUS models come ready to basically go fast. They feature a refresh rate designed to exceed professional standards, overclocking-capable processors and true mechanical keyboards that allow for fast response times. More specifically, you’re looking at:
- NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 20-series, RTX 2070 SUPER and RTX 2080 SUPER, and GTX 16-series graphics
- 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, including the i9-10980HK, i7-10750H and i7-10875H (the first mobile i7 processor to have 8 cores/16 threads!)
- 240Hz gaming display that meets the standard for FPS world championship requirements
- OMRON True Mechanical Keyboard that allows for precision without sacrificing portability – these are currently the lightest laptops with a true mechanical keyboard
- WINDFORCE Infinity Cooling
(AERO 17/AERO 17 HDR and AERO 15/AERO 15 OLED)
Geared towards content creators, the AERO series are described as “high performance professional notebooks”, with the upgrades on these models focusing on multi-tasking capabilities and sharp graphics. The HDR and OLED models in particular support 4K resolution and utilise the HDR True Black high contrast feature to provide clean, crisp images for those that rely on them. They include:
- 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i9/i7 processors
- NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 20 SUPER graphics
- 144Hz high refresh rate display
- Xrite Pantone Colour Calibration, with a Delta E of <1 (with <2 being the industry standard, and <3 the standard for commercial TVs)
- Premium I/O interface design that allows for high-performance multi-tasking of media applications
- A light chassis with a long-lasting battery
- Optimization for over 40 types of editing software
- Thunderbolt 3 and HDMI 2.0 ports, along with a UHS-II SD card reader
AORUS 7 / AORUS 5
While not officially available, the entry-level AORUS laptops are releasing in late April, and the following specs have been announced:
- 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processors
- NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 20 / GTX 16 graphics
- 2 SSD + 1 HDD (sizes not yet announced)
- 144Hz high refresh-rate display
- Connectivity for 3 external displays
- RGB backlit keyboard
These new AORUS pro gaming and AERO creator models are available for pre-order now, with official sales starting from April 16th. The entry-level AORUS models will join them later this month.
Jess is a writer and researcher who loves games with good puzzles, good stories, and a tendency to punch you straight in your feelings. She is one of the directors of not-for-profit organisation Queerly Represent Me and is particularly interested in games told from unique perspectives that highlight themes or characters from groups that are often underrepresented. She also just really loves coffee, hot chips, and terrible superhero TV shows, and is always secretly hoping that one day the world will give her a good Sherlock Holmes game.