So much news to share in so little time. That is where the Player2 News Bites comes in. All the hot topics in small easy to chew pieces.
News Bites – Tuesday the 5th of January 2016
– Some disappointing news for Xbox and Platinum fans with the announcement that Scalebound has been delayed til 2017. It is perhaps not unexpected considering the ambitious nature of the title but sad all the same. Platinum released a small statement on their official site saying “In order to deliver on our ambitious vision and ensure that Scalebound lives up to expectations, we will be launching the game in 2017, this will give us the time needed to bring to life all the innovative features and thrilling gameplay experiences that we have planned.” Hopefully this is the only delay for this highly anticipated title.
– In eSports news the long rumoured acquisition of MLG (Major League Gaming) by Activision has come true with the publisher announcing the purchase today. This is apart of Activision’s grand plan to great an “ESPN” of eSports and bring competitive gaming to the masses. It will be very interesting to see how the involvement of a giant company such as Activision affects the eSports scene.
– Kenji Infuane’s next game, ReCore has been confirmed as coming to Windows 10 PC’s as well as the previously announced Xbox One. The action adventure game is listed as a 2016 release for both PC’s and the Xbox One with no further detail provided. Hopefully we hear more about this one soon as it certainly has some serious potential based on the talent working on it.
– There are some serious rumours floating about on the internet suggesting that the next Assassin’s Creed game won’t be coming until 2017. The game is reportedly set in Egypt and will be a complete revamp of the series. The usual yearly release spot will apparently be filled by Watch Dogs 2. Interesting news as a two yearly release schedule for the series should ensure that each entry is of high quality and there are no more dodgy releases like Unity.
– Sony has release a list of first party exclusives and third party timed exclusives coming to the PS4 in 2016. It is an impressive list with big titles such as Uncharted 4 being supported by cult hits such as the Gravity Rush sequel. Check out the full list below.
Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Gran Turismo Sport
Gravity Rush 2
Ratchet and Clank
The Tomorrow Children
Drawn to Death
Console or Timed Exclusives
Street Fighter 5
What Remains of Edith Finch
Shadow of the Beast
No Man’s Sky
Push Start on a unique look at Australia’s gaming landscape