Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts 2 – First Gameplay Reveal
A couple of years ago I reviewed the first Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts and was pleasantly surprised to find quite the engaging stealth title. CI Games took what was a niche product and successfully created something more appealing to the masses with its satisfying mix of sniping and stealth. Looking to build on that, Contracts 2 is coming and thanks to a new trailer we have our first look at the game in action.
The other big news from the new trailer is the announcement of the next-gen versions of the game. There will be Series X and PS5 optimised versions of the game on release day, with all the graphical upgrades and flourishes you expect from the new, more powerful systems. The original game was quite a good looker, so this one should be a stunner.
Other features mentioned in the press release include:
- 1000m+ extreme-range sniping
- A dramatic single-player campaign set in modern-day Middle East, with 5 distinct sandbox maps featuring a variety of fully accessible, interactive areas players can approach their own way
- Next-level realism with authentic gadgets and weapons customisable to fit different styles of play
- Replayable missions that can be completed in a number of ways, with unlockable rewards for achieving all objectives
- More intelligent adversaries with improved tactics
- Next-generation features include enhanced visuals, native 4k resolution, and improved loading times, setting a new benchmark as the best-looking Sniper Ghost Warrior game thus far
So stealth fans, check out the trailer below and mark the 4th of June 2021 in your calendar, because Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts 2 is looking the goods (even if it has a bloody long name)
Dad, Gamer, Writer, Husband all rolled into one big ball of random matter.
Editor of Player 2, Matt spends his time yelling at strangers as they walk past, imploring them to visit Player 2. Sadly this tactic hasn’t yielded any significant results but he keeps on trying regardless.
Writes on Ngunnawal land.