Civilization VI Rises and Falls
Get ready to say goodbye to your social lives, because Sid Meier’s Civilization VI has announced its brand-new expansion pack due out February 8 next year. 2K and Firaxis Games have announced that the expansion, titled Rise and Fall, will bring a range of new content to the franchise, including new challenges, choices and strategies for gamers as they guide their civilization through the ages.
The most notable new addition to the game is the introduction of a new city loyalty system, the Great Ages and Governors. If you rule the city well, loyalty amongst your citizens will grow. Let that loyalty falter, however, and bear witness to revolts low yields and the potential to lose your independence, or worse, your entire city to another civilization. Periods of great success will be harkened as the Golden Ages, whilst the opposite will be deemed the Dark Ages. The introduction of Governors; powerful characters with unique specialisation bonuses and promotion trees should help keep your loyalty levels high… if you’re lucky.
Along with this new content comes nine new leaders, eight new civilizations and a range of new units, buildings and more, bringing hours of new gameplay to 2K’s longest running franchise.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall will be available on Windows PC on February 8, 2018.
- GREAT AGES: As your civilization ebbs and flows, and you reach milestone Historic Moments, you will experience Dark Ages or Golden Ages, each providing specific challenges or bonuses based on your actions in-game. Rise triumphantly from a Dark Age, and your next Golden Age will be even stronger – a Heroic Age.
- LOYALTY: Cities now have individual Loyalty to your leadership – let it fall too low, and face the consequences of low yields, revolts, and the potential to lose your city to another civilization, or its own independence. But one civilization’s loss can be your gain as you inspire Loyalty among cities throughout the map and further expand your borders.
- GOVERNORS: Recruit, appoint, and upgrade powerful characters with unique specialization bonuses and promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.
- ENHANCED ALLIANCES: An enhanced alliances system allows players to form different types of alliances and build bonuses over time.
- EMERGENCIES: When a civilization grows too powerful, other civilizations can join a pact against the threatening civilization and earn rewards, or penalties, when the Emergency ends.
- TIMELINE: Review your civilization’s history at any time with the new Timeline feature, a visual journey through the Historic Moments that you encountered on your path to victory.
- NEW LEADERS AND CIVS: Nine leaders and eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of eight unique units, two unique buildings, four unique improvements, and two unique districts.
- NEW GLOBAL CONTENT: Eight new world wonders, seven natural wonders, four new units, two new tile improvements, two new districts, fourteen new buildings, and three new resources have been added.
- IMPROVED GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS: The Government system has been enhanced with new Policies and additional improvements have been made to existing systems.
Jenn’s personality is largely made up of Simpson’s references, yelling, and thinking about baked goods. If she’s not playing video games or watching cartoons, Jenn can be found hiding from adulthood and annoying her small army of cats.
Writes on Wangal Land