Go Your Own PATHWAY
If you regularly check the Epic Games Store for freebies, you might have already grabbed PATHWAY, but the world is a busy place and we sometimes need reminders, so here’s yours. PATHWAY is free on the Epic store until this Thursday the 25th June, so you have a few days still to grab it.
What is PATHWAY? Well, according to its developer, it’s a “world of rip-roaring adventure, occult mysteries and turn-based tactics”. Honestly, they had me at “rip-roaring”. The version you get here is a remastered version of the base game that was released last year, plus the “Adventurers Wanted” update. It features updated AI, abilities, loot and so on. Below are some more details directly from the press release. If it sounds like your thing, head on over to the Epic Games Store and check it out for absolutely zilch!
The year is 1936 and Nazi influence stretches across Europe and the Middle East. Rumors abound of secret excavations, mysterious artifacts, occult rituals and objects of immense power. In Pathway you’ll lead a team of bold adventurers into the deserts of Northern Africa to unearth ancient relics and uncover hidden treasures before they fall into evil hands.
Pathway is a fast-paced tactics game in a world of pulp adventure. Run for cover, flank enemies and use your team’s special abilities to turn history in your favor!
- Dynamic Adventures – Discover five campaigns of varying difficulty, with every attempt spawning a new web of narrative surprises and deadly skirmishes.
- Tough Choices – Explored locations offer hand-crafted narrative events and big choices. Search the well? Save the villagers? It’s up to you!
- Build your Team of Adventurers– Each of Pathway’s 16 unlockable characters has their own skills and quirks which impact combat and story encounters.
- Decisive Conflicts – Use cover and positioning in thrilling turn-based squad combat. Learn to make the best of your team’s abilities and equipment to defeat the forces of evil!
- Hidden Treasures – Trade-in valuable loot to upgrade your team’s arsenal with rare weapons and armor.
- Recover and Replay – Experiment with different team combinations and abilities until your foes have been vanquished!
It is said that Dylan Burns has no shadow, or if he does that it portents a shifting of the elder signs that govern the floating curses of the universe, gathering their power and directing ill intent and misfortune to all game developers that enact post-release patches. Consequently, Dylan’s shadow curse finds itself working overtime, permanently engaged, thus the propagation of legend. When not guiding the swirling forces of evil, Dylan enjoys writing (evil) fiction, taking menacing walks, and lurking behind bus stops with a general demeanour that suggests malevolence.