All the E3 2015 news wrapped up in small easy to chew pieces. Welcome to this special E3 edition of News Bites.
News Bites – E3 Special 2
– During the PC gaming show David Braben, creator of Elite and Elite Dangerous, announced Planet Coaster: Simulation Evolved. This is a brand new theme park simulator that looks to once again convince players to spend hours creating death defying rides. Fans of Roller Coaster Tycoon should keep an eye on this one.
– Heroes of the Storm has announced two new characters, both coming from the Diablo universe. The first is King Leoric – The Skeleton King and the second is The Monk. The Monk is in early development and is a support character while Leoric is much closer to release. Both new characters will be added into the free rotation upon their release.
– Microsoft released a few more details about backwards compatibility for the Xbox One. Firstly online players on the One will be able to play against people playing the 360 version. Also the old 360 Blade Menu will still be available as well as the updated Xbox One menu. Microsoft also explained that the reason that physical 360 games needed to download was because of the way the emulation works and that it requires a large part of the game to be on the Xbox One HDD.
– In a statement that is likely to excite Mirror’ Edge Fans, EA have confirmed that Faith will not use guns at all in the new game. They have also confirmed that while Faith is moving that she is invulnerable to bullets. All of this is in place to encourage players to keep moving and use the game’s parkor systems to their advantage. Sounds like a great design choice to me.
– In another statement from EA they have all but scuttled any chance of a Mass Effect HD collection for the new consoles. While they haven’t ruled it out they have said it is a choice about where they spend their resources and at the moment those resources are better spent on new games than redoing old ones. It is a statement I am sure many out there will agree with.