So much news to share in so little time. That is where the Player2 News Bites comes in. All the hot topics in small easy to chew pieces.
News Bites – Wednesday the 1st of June 2015
– Activision today announced a release date for the first chapter of the King’s Quest reboot. Titled King’s Quest: A Knight to Remember the game will be available on the 28th of July on the PS3, PS4 and PC and on the 29th for the Xbox One and Xbox 360. The game certainly looks like a promising return from a legendary franchise.
– Cult indie hit Shovel Knight is getting a physical release. Coming for the Wii U, 3DS, PS4 and Xbox One on the 16th of October, this repackaged version of the game will include all available and future content as well as a traditional game manual. You remember those right? The price for all this shovel goodness? $39.95 AUD.
– After successful recognition programs for Women in games and Under 30’s in Games, MCV Pacific have announced the 30 over 30 initiative. This aims to recognise those tireless workers who a moving the games industry in Australia forward and looks at those working in Publishing, Distribution, Games Admin and Retail. If you know of someone that deserves a nod we urge you to head here and nominate them.
– Nintendo have confirmed a September 12 release date for Super Mario Maker. The game which will allow players to easily create their own 2d Mario levels will come with an attractive art-book that should help budding designers get started. Wii U owners should keep an eye on this one as it has the potential to be a real hit for Nintendo.
– It appears that the Xbox One and Windows 10 are integrating even further with some new features announced today for the next version of Microsoft’s PC operating system. Improved game hubs that will allow streaming sessions on the PC as well as improved Avatar functionality and an activity feed that will allow screenshot and DVR sharing. Given that Windows 10 is a free upgrade it is certainly looking like an attractive proposition, especially for those with an Xbox One as well.