Tennis World Tour: Roland Garros Edition Announced
Tennis World Tour wasn’t exactly the best tennis game when it launched, but credit where credit is due because the developers busted their butts getting it into great shape (as I recently discovered.) So it is with cautious optimism I am looking forward to the next instalment in the franchise, Tennis World Tour: Roland Garros Edition.
Coming on the 31st of May, this version includes a host of improvements, tweaks and upgrades to last year’s title so there is every chance this could be the tennis game fans have been looking for since Top Spin ceased to be. Here is the touted feature list straight from the PR Blast:
- 33 of the world’s best players, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Stan Wawrinka, Kristina Mladenovic, along with legends Andre Agassi and John McEnroe
- Over 21 courts of every surface type, including the new main courts at Roland-Garros: Philippe-Chatrier, Suzanne-Lenglen and Simonne-Mathieu. Tennis World Tour: Roland-Garros Edition gives players the chance to be the first to play on these courts in their finished state
- The central court at the Mutua Madrid Open: “La Caja Magica”
- A career mode that realistically simulates a player’s career with training, matches, qualifications and more
- A new customisation tool to create your own player from the ground up
- An online mode with a leaderboard and private matches
So I must admit, things are looking up for Tennis fans. I for one, am very keen to see how it pans out. Tennis World Tour: Roland Garros Edition is coming to Switch, PS4 and Xbox One on May 29.
Dad, Gamer, Writer, Husband all rolled into one big ball of random matter.
Editor of Player 2, Matt spends his time yelling at strangers as they walk past, imploring them to visit Player 2. Sadly this tactic hasn’t yielded any significant results but he keeps on trying regardless.
Writes on Ngunnawal land.