So much news to share in so little time. That is where the Player2 News Bites comes in. All the hot topics in small easy to chew pieces.
News Bites – 19th of September 2015
– Nintendo and the Pokemon company have announced Pokemon GO, a new AR Pokemon game for Smartphones. Coming for both iOS and Android Pokemon Go will have players hunting down Pokemon in the real world. It will also come with an optional bluetooth dongle that will vibrate to let players know when Pokemon are nearby. Expect a wave of Pokemon hunting related pedestrian accidents in the near future.
– Microsoft have announced that the Xbox One will be converting to Windows 10 infrastructure in November this year. Preview program members will get the option to upgrade early with a gradual rollout occurring for these lucky folks. Windows 10 is said to bring a host of improvements to Microsoft’s console including an improved interface, speedier navigation and improved community features. Backwards compatibility will also be implemented with this update.
– More upsetting news for Aussie X-com fans who were already upset by a release date delay. It turns out that The Australian price for X-Com 2 is $89.90 USD on Steam. That equals roughly $127 AUD. That is for the standard edition, not the sexy “I come with a statue” edition. This price is $30 more than the US price of $59.90 which would convert to a much more reasonable $84.00. It is our suggestion that you avoid steam when it comes to buying X-Com 2 as there is no way it will be that much at retail outlets like JB HI FI or EB Games.
– Afro Samurai 2 has a release date! The game will be released in episodic form with the first episode hitting the PC and PS4 on the 22nd of September. The game will also becoming to Xbox One at a later date. Based on the cult Anime of the same name Afro Samuari 2 will feature visceral combat and adventuring. Sadly this time around though it seems to be missing Samuel L Jackson from the voice cast. Check out the music video (yes music video) for the game below.
– The Fallout 4 hype train is starting to wind up with the first of a series of comedic videos that outline all the different stats in Fallout’s famous S.P.E.C.I.A.L characteristic system. First up is Strength. Check out the video below for a chuckle.