Borderlands 3 Dated, Detailed
Things aren’t going overly well for Gearbox at the moment. From the botched announcement thanks to a myriad of technical issues to a leak that outed the release date of Borderlands 3, 24 hours earlier than intended.
Of course, leak or not, we have the official details. Borderlands 3 is arriving on PS4, Xbox One and PC (via the Epic Games Store) on September 13th, 2019. For PC players who don’t wish to use the Epic Games Store you can pick the game up on Steam approximately 6 months after the initial launch (Gearbox estimates April 2020).
We also learned a bit about the new cast of characters, from Vault Hunters Moze, Amara, FL4K, and Zane to the primary villains, The Calypso Twins, who aim to reunite the various Bandit clans… with nefarious intentions no doubt.
That’s not all though. The game will be the recipient of four different editions, detailed below
Borderlands 3 Standard Edition (RRP $100)
The Borderlands 3 Standard Edition includes the base game.
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket
Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition (RRP $130)
The Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition includes the base game, as well as bonus digital content:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin;
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket;
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket;
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket;
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods;
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket.
Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition (RRP $150)
The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition includes all the bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition PLUS the Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which includes:
- Four (4) campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges;
- Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod.
Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition (RRP $350)
This edition includes the full game, season pass, and all bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition, plus:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot;
- Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe! (Approximately 3” tall.);
- Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand;
- Vault Key keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault;
- Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands;
- Character art lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins;
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
Of course on top of all of this Gearbox today released Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition on PS4 and Xbox One and told us we’ll learn more about Borderlands 3 in a gameplay reveal on May 1st.