Final Fantasy VII Returns With Glorious Gameplay & Release Date
Well, we might’ve already known about the release date from a trailer at a Final Fantasy based Symphony a night earlier, but the last 24 hours has been enormous for the returning classic Final Fantasy VII. The adventure was the recipient of a healthy portion of allocated time and resources at today’s Square-Enix E3 2019 Press Conference, and it took full advantage.
We saw some significant slices of gameplay, all dotted around Midgar, a dive into the hybrid battle system that merges real-time action with strategic, command-based combat. On top of that we finally got to see fan favourite (Authors note: she’s no Aerith though!) Tifa, learned some vague details about the episodic release structure, and got some casting details (seen below):
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
Final Fantasy VII Remake will be available on March 3rd, 2020.