Final Fantasy VII Returns With Glorious Gameplay & Release Date
Well, we might’ve already known about the release date from a trailer at a Final Fantasy based Symphony a night earlier, but the last 24 hours has been enormous for the returning classic Final Fantasy VII. The adventure was the recipient of a healthy portion of allocated time and resources at today’s Square-Enix E3 2019 Press Conference, and it took full advantage.
We saw some significant slices of gameplay, all dotted around Midgar, a dive into the hybrid battle system that merges real-time action with strategic, command-based combat. On top of that we finally got to see fan favourite (Authors note: she’s no Aerith though!) Tifa, learned some vague details about the episodic release structure, and got some casting details (seen below):
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
Final Fantasy VII Remake will be available on March 3rd, 2020.
Born and bred on the Super Nintendo era, Paul relishes any opportunity to sink his teeth into an RPG, action or platformer. Despite being an owner of all major platforms, Paul does have a particular love of the Playstation family of consoles – take only a few minutes to skim through his Twitter and you’ll see him ranting about the next big thing on PS4. We swear he’s sane.