News Bites – Thursday 12th of March
So much news to share in so little time. That is where the Player2 News Bites comes in. All the hot topics in small easy to chew pieces.
– Sony today announce that their next firmware update would include a host of new features including the much requested suspend/resume functionality. Other features include system level button mapping and 60fps Shareplay. There is no firm release date for the new firmware, just a vague “coming soon.”
– In a significant blow to Sony’s 2014 exclusives lineup, it was announced today that Uncharted 4 has been delayed til Autumn 2016. It is no doubt the right choice by Naughty Dog to delay the game but it still has to hurt fans and Sony execs alike.
– In more delay news Project CARS has been delayed again. The game has been pushed back for a third time to allow for some final polishing. The head of Slightly Mad Studios, Ian Bell, stated the game is 99.9% complete but the extra time was needed for that 0.1%.
– In what seems to be a trend, another PC free-to-play game is making its ways to consoles. In this case it is Ubisoft’s Airmech Arena. The game will be heading to PS4 and Xbox One and will be the same base game as the PC version. There is also a 360 version of the game. There is no release date as yet.
– In interesting news fans can vote on what will appear in the Just Cause 3 collectors edition. Fans can head to the Just Cause website to help decide what exciting dodads will appear in the fancy box. Shame that an actually grappling hook/parachute combo isn’t one of the choices. Of course it also gives us an excuse to post some more insane Just Cause 3 screenshots.