So much news to share in so little time. That is where the Player2 News Bites comes in. All the hot topics in small easy to chew pieces.
News Bites – Friday the 1st of May
– Kids are about to get another set of plastic, feet destroying, lounge room clogging toys with Disney Infinity 3.0. After 2.0 focused on the Marvel universe it is no surprise that 3 will focus on Star Wars. The game is apparently due in August so that means it should avoid release clashes with its main competition Lego Dimensions and whatever Skylanders game Activision comes up with this year.
– Playtonic games, a dev studio made up of ex Rare employees, has finally given a title to Project Ukulele. The game is called Yooka-Laylee and is said to be a spiritual successor to the classic Rare Banjoo Kazooie titles. This time around instead of a Bear and a Bird the main characters are a Bat and a Chameleon. Look out for this Kickstarter launching soon.
– Fans of Zombie mass murder will be disappointed with the news that Deep Silver has delayed Dead Island 2 until 2016. The reasons are pretty simple, it needs more time. This is a much better option than rushing out an unfinished game and should hopefully lead to a bugfree title, which is more than can be said for the original Dead Island games.
– It seems every week a new E3 conference is being announced. This time it is a PC specific conference. Yup that is right, those who prefer a keyboard to a controller are getting their very own E3 conference being hosted by PC Gamer and AMD. This year’s E3 is shaping up to be the biggest in years. All aboard…. the Hype Train is leaving in a little over 6 weeks.
– In news that may be a little worrying Edios Montreal will not be handling development duties on the PC version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Instead they have farmed the PC version out to frequent Square Enix collaborators Nixxes. The good news is that Nixxes have a long track record of creating great PC ports, including the most recent Tomb Raider game, so there is every chance the curse of the dodgy PC port will be avoided. In the meantime why not watch the awesome Mankind Divided announcement trailer again.
Push Start on a unique look at Australia’s gaming landscape