Unreal 5 Built The First Descendant To Take On Destiny
It has been a while since a game has come along to take on the might of Destiny and honestly I think I am ready for a challenger. That challenger is The First Descendant, an Unreal Engine 5 built shooter from Nexon games. Nexon are known for their MMO titles so it will be interesting to see how that sensibility and experience translates into a game that is really focused on four-player co-op PVE gameplay.
The game, previously known as “Project Magnum” has just had its first trailer, which you can see below, and it gives off a great first impression. There seem to be elements from a host of titles, Destiny, Outriders and even a touch of games like Monster Hunter for good measure. If it all comes together it could be the next big free-to-play title. At this stage, there is no firm release date but there is a closed beta coming in November that players can sign up for on the game’s Steam page.
So if this looks like something you would be interested in, don’t forget to sign up and look for more info on The First Descendant during the Gamescom period towards the end of the month. In the meantime, you can read more details from the press release below as well as check out fresh screens and the trailer. I for one and excited about a new entry in the genre, Destiny and Warframe are growing stale and I need something fresh to shake things up. The First Descendant could be that game. I guess we will wait and see.
About The First Descendant (From the Press Release)
The player becomes a Descendant whose mission is to fight against alien invaders for the survival of humanity by protecting the Ingris continent. Experience a spectacular story while growing stronger through various missions and stories to finally discover the Descendants’ secret. Feel The First Descendant’s unique atmosphere through high-quality fields developed with Unreal Engine 5 and gain a new experience of reality and Sci-Fi fantasy coexisting in one place.
- 4-Player Co-Op Play – Team up with other players for four-player co-op strategic battles. Each player’s amazing powers and abilities will lead to tactical battles for the win.
- Charming and Unique Characters – Play as different characters, each with distinctive concepts and battle styles. Characters will have customizable elements to allow players to support character decoration. Don’t miss your chance to play as twelve different characters during the closed-beta test this Autumn.
- Exciting Battles, Dynamic Action, Multiple Skills, and Unique Weapons – Experience exciting battles with different characters, each with unique skill sets, free movements, and chain actions through grappling hooks, colorful firearms, and additional effects. Players create the battle style they desire!
- Battle Huge Boss Monsters – Battle huge boss monsters with different appearances and abilities. Various powers and difficulties will stimulate the player’s competitive spirit as you struggle not to fall in battle. Target the boss’s gimmicks to experience a more compact and strategic team play.
- Motivating Play and Growth – Equip characters with 3 guns, 4 pieces of secondary equipment, and various sub-weapons. Use and change the equipment based on the types of battles encountered. New equipment develops character growth by combining various pieces, enhancing character and firearm stats, or adding a new ability. Obtain new items through clearing scenario missions or in the world missions where cooperation is crucial. Use new items to challenge yourself with more complex tasks!