Course Creator Is Better Than Ever in PGA 2K23
Ever since the first Golf Club game, HB Studios has been known for their amazing course creator modes in their golf games and it seems that PGA 2K23 is going to take that legacy even further. In PGA 2K21, players created over 300 000 unique golf courses that were shared among the community creating an endless supply of new content for players. Some of those courses were so good they are going to be included with PGA 2K23 at launch.
This curated selection of courses is as follows:
- ArcticFury – Craggy Heights, Sherwood Shores and the Training Facility;
- b101design – Lachlan Crossing and Emery Beach Club;
- Crazycanuck1985 – Old Marina Golf Club and Echo Park Golf Club;
- Energ1ser – Lone Grove Golf Course and Jacobson Homestead;
- Mattf27 – Foxholm Golf Links and Chestnut Hollow;
- VctryLnSprts – PotHole Lake Golf Club and HuckleBerry Country Club.
As for the designer itself, well it is in for a host of upgrades including:
- Interface has been overhauled to provide smoother access to all design tools;
- New cursor selection offers easier access to objects on the course;
- New spline tool streamlines the process of creating walls and fences, including on sloped terrain, improving on the previous tool that was used for surfaces and bulk-planting trees, flowers, and natural elements;
- Majority of trees previously featured in PGA TOUR 2K21 have been updated or rebuilt from scratch to improve the visual quality, and a variety of new trees, including arborvitae and dogwood, and an assortment of twelve new flowers including dahlias, geraniums, poinsettias, poppies, roses, and more have been introduced to deck out custom courses.
Without a doubt, this mode, along with the amazingly talented community, will ensure that players of PGA 2K23 will never be short of a new course to try their hand at. PGA 2K23 is coming on the 11th (Special editions) and 14th (standard editions) of October for Xbox Series/One, PS4/5 and PC.