Extinction Brings Giant Ogres to Gamers
While the big companies haven’t surprised us too much at E3 this year, the littler developers and publishers have announced some great new IP. Extinction is one such game. Developed by Iron Galaxy and Maximum Games, Extinction takes more than a few cues from the Anime series Attack of the Titan, and that is a good thing. The goal of the game is to protect humanity against giant ogres and their minions. You, of course, are the only one with the skills to do so. Gameplay appears to take bits from Infamous, Prince of Persia and God of War and melds it into a destructible open-world of villages, deserts and mountain ranges.
Here are the feature highlights from the press release:
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
You can check out the gameplay on offer in the video below. Extinction is coming to Consoles and PC in Q1 2018 and it may just be a sneaky hit in the making.