Hot Sauce of Oblivion – Recipe 4 – Blackwood Chicken Enchiladas
The fourth winning recipe for the Hot Sauce of Oblivion Competition comes from Horror podcast host and all-around legend Cat Benstead. Cat got the imagination rolling with her Enchilada recipe so we had to give her the prize.
The Enchiladas are cheesy, spicey and the perfect comfort food that will make you happy and upset your doctor at the same time… Hey, it’s a sometimes food folks. It is well worth giving it a crack in your kitchen at home.
We once again have a bottle of the Hot Sauce of Oblivion to give away with this video. Simply use the form below the recipe to tell us where Mehrunes Dagon was hiding in the video and you will go into the draw.
Cat Benstead’s Blackwood Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 4 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce of Oblivion
- 1/2 cup of Chicken Stock (or Water)
- 1 1/2 tsp of Cummin
- 8 Corn or Wholegrain Tortillas
- 3-4 cooked and shredded chicken breasts (or 1 shredded BBQ Chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded melting cheese
- 2 green onions
- 1 red onion
- 1 tin of crushed tomato
- Preheat oven to 190˚C.
- Place tomato sauce, tomato paste, Hot Sauce of Oblivion, stock, diced red onion, tin of crushed tomato and cumin in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir well to combine, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of sauce in the bottom of an 8×10” casserole dish, and set aside.
- Place shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add about 1 cup of sauce, and stir well.
- Heat tortillas for about 30 seconds in the microwave wrapped in damp paper towels, or just until warm and pliable.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of chicken mixture down the centre of each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla closed and place seam-side down in the casserole dish. Repeat for each tortilla
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. 11. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with green onions and finish with a blue cheese dressing or Chipotle Aoili. Serve warm.
Dad, Gamer, Writer, Husband all rolled into one big ball of random matter.
Editor of Player 2, Matt spends his time yelling at strangers as they walk past, imploring them to visit Player 2. Sadly this tactic hasn’t yielded any significant results but he keeps on trying regardless.
Writes on Ngunnawal land.